Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pecans, pecans, pecans...



I am making a bazillion Mexican Wedding Cookies (also called snowball cookies) for my niece's wedding. I somehow volunteered to make 500 cookies to fill 250 adorable wedding boxes. I *think* I am about done baking. My mom, two sisters, and I will fill the boxes today. I would take pictures, but my camera is in Florida. I say PECAN different than my mom. I say pi-ˈkän. Here is the link to HEAR the three different ways to say it. I don't happen to like pecans at all. I tasted one of these cookies and HATED it. Everyone who loves pecans say they taste great. It is really hard to make 500 of something and not be able to tell if they taste good or not. Oh well, I guess I will trust the pecan lovers. At least I wasn't tempted to test one from each batch! Take my poll and tell me how you say PECAN. If you need to listen to the key - the link is above.

SNOWBALL COOKIES

A favorite at Christmas time, pecan-filled cookies are
scrumptious all year 'round.

Prep: 45 min Baking: 18 min

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar


Heat oven to 325°F. Combine all ingredients except powdered sugar
in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl occasionally,
until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes).

Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1
inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes
or until very lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; roll in powdered
sugar while still warm and again when cool.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Nutrition Facts (1 cookie): Calories 130, Protein 1 g,
Carbohydrate 11 g, Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 50 mg,
Fiber 0 g
____________________________________________________________

This recipe courtesy of Back of the Box Recipes.
www.backofthebox.com Home Page

This recipe created by Land O'Lakes.



No comments: