Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3 year olds...

I sat down in the rocking chair hoping to come up with something to write. Last week, I had many ideas for writing. The ideas were flowing. I just couldn't find the time to write them. This week - the ideas aren't so much there. I attribute this to my 3 year old. I love my smallest son, God I really do. He is my "bonus child". I never ever expected to have him. Tim and I had our 2 children - a boy and a girl. Tim was "done". I kinda thought I was "done", but never really for sure. From time to time, Savannah and I would gang up on Tim and try to convince him why we needed to have another baby in the house. He wasn't buying it. He even told me that if we just stuck with the two kids, I could tour Europe with Savannah when she was in high school. How is that for bargaining? Still, we would try to convince him every so often. More and more time went by and Savannah was now 5 years old. At this point, I wasn't so keen on starting over again. It wasn't completely out of my mind, but not nearly so close either. Then Debi died. Like all of our family, I was just so completely lost. I didn't know what to do most days. I felt like I was in a fog and I just couldn't get out. One short month after losing her, Tim woke me up on a Sunday morning. While we were laying there, he told me he thought we should have another baby. I really didn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't know what to think. So, I didn't think... I just agreed. By January, we were expecting Sebastian. Tim says he changed his mind because he was so worried about me and wanted to give me some hope. He wanted to help keep my mind busy and have something to hold onto. Well... my mind has been busy. So extremely busy since the day my beloved last child was conceived! There is absolutely no doubt about that. Nope - he keeps everyone one busy. He has my mind so occupied, that most days, I can not even add 2+2. In the past week or two, he has lit a match and blown it out, painted himself with the little paints that come in a paint by number thing, tried to test his blood with my sister's diabetic supplies (yes, he punctured his finger at least once with the lancet thingy), and the list goes on. Those were the most interesting things he has done, but he is always busy. The only time he isn't walking around trying to figure out something to do is when he is mastering a preschool game on the computer. Thank GOD for games on the computer or I may have to run away screaming for a moment of peace. This is one of the BIGGER reasons, my blog posts have been a bit sporadic this past week, month, etc. This was not what I came on to write about, but then I read Jen's blog at Amazing Trips. She is living what I live times three - 3 year olds. Her post so genuinely sums up a day in my life. I couldn't have written it better. So, go visit her blog. I promise you will love her writing.

No comments: