Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update on Tim II...

Hey! I am writing from Oklahoma City tonight. I got a call from Tim II tonight. It wasn't what I was hoping for. He has had yet another health set back. Apparently, he is allergic to the medicine they prescribed for his ulcer. His throat swelled nearly shut. He still did the run on Monday, but did not do well. He did not go to the clinic, yesterday, because of Columbus Day. He went in today and the doctor told him he should have gone the ER and he was very lucky his throat didn't close all the way. Unfortunately, the doctor put him on what they call PROFILE for 72 hours. This means no physical activity. He asked if he could be cleared to retest on Thursday. The doctor said he didn't think so, but to come back on Wednesday. I told him that we were only an hour away and we would be there tomorrow. He sounded really happy that we were coming. Honestly, I don't care if he graduates today, tomorrow or next week. I just feel bad for him because he has worked so hard and just keeps getting all this health stuff thrown at him. I called my mom tonight while Tim shopped in the Super HUGE Bass Pro store. I was pretty down and bummed for him. My sister, Michelle, got on the phone with me. She told me that God has a plan for him and that He is just testing my faith. It wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted to just cry to my mom and be down, but my sister wouldn't let me. She reminded me of what a great attitude Tim II has had and how lucky I am to have such an amazing child. She told me to pray and pray and then just pray some more. So, that is what I am going to do. Anything is possible!

No comments: