Thursday, December 07, 2006

Another plug for Sparkpeople.com

So, this morning I stood on my scale. That isn't the exciting thing - the exciting thing is that it said that I am down 15 lbs - halfway to my goal. How? You really want to know, right? SPARKPEOPLE.COM . That is the secret, well not that it is a secret, but you know what I mean. I started Sparkpeople a little over 3 months ago. I put my weight, height and goals in. My goals were to lose 30 lbs by my 35th birthday in April. I wanted to lose about 1 lb a week. I said I would do some type of cardio 3 times a week and strength training 3 times a week. Then the wonderful Sparkpeople computer figured out how much calories, fat, carbs and protein I should have in a day. It also figured out how many calories I needed to burn in a week. They have all sorts of calorie burning activities in there. For instance, I raked leaves 3 times last week. I could go on the cardio section and type rake leaves - then it told me about how many calories I burned in the 30 minutes I did this. That is the basics of the website. There really are way more things there - articles, message boards, motivational helps. For me, tracking my food, making sure I drink the 64 ounces of water, and trying to do all the exercise seems to be working. Knocking on wood here! Seriously, I don't do all the exercise each week. Some weeks are better than others. I do pretty well with the eating because it gives you the freedom to eat whatever you want. For instance, my kids had a birthdays when I first started. I new I would be eating pizza and cake. I sat down and planned what I could eat that day and stay within the limits. I don't always do that, though. About once a week, I try to let myself eat whatever I want. The funny thing is that Tim and I went out to dinner on Saturday night. When we walked into the place, I saw the pie counter. I told Tim I was going to get some pie for dessert. Then I got done eating and really had lost my want for pie, so I skipped it. Of course, on Thanksgiving I ate a lot of pie! LOL! I still have 15 lbs to go and I don't know how fast that will go, but I am really happy with what I have done so far. If you click the blue link above, it will take you there. I am CLAYTONTK if you sign up. I get sparkpoints - don't really count for anything - just motivation!

No comments: