Sunday, December 03, 2006

This and that...

I thought I would post a quick run-down of stuff. I will post another one later with pictures too. I mentioned that we bid on a house this week. How on Earth did that happen? I was taking my usual walk with Sebastian and I saw a house for sale in our neighborhood. I had my handy cell phone on me, so I called to see what they were asking. She said $209,900. That is a bit low for this area, so I asked her if there was a reason. She said it was a distress sale and had to go very quickly. She said it needed work, but it wasn't horrible. I called Tim and honestly, I was a little down to hear the house would sell so low. We live in a neighborhood that has very few houses go up for sale. Everytime, somebody tries to to appraise our house - they hit a wall because they can't find another 4 bedroom in the neighborhood that has sold within a year. This house is not like mine, but still. That got Tim thinking... maybe we should buy it, fix it and sell it. We knew a house with the exact floorplan has sold this month for $240,000. We decided to go look. Once we looked, we made a list of repairs. With that knowledge, we decided the most we would want to bid was $180,000 because we wanted to be sure we could make a profit. Of course, we knew this was way low, but you never know until you try. The guy didn't say no right away, but he did say no. The realtor told us to hang on because if he didn't get another offer soon, he may come back to us. For right now, we think that is not going to happen and are just moving on with our house stuff. Crazy, huh... go from 2 jobs and 1 house to having 1 job and 2 houses!!! What are we thinking? Other than that, we have been working on more house stuff. Tim has two weeks off at Christmas and we are really hoping to accomplish many of the tasks we have. I have had to take a short break and move onto decorating for Christmas, writing Christmas cards, and getting my stuff ready to mail. Then I guess it will be back to house stuff. Stay tuned for pictures of the teenager with a chipped tooth and more...

No comments: