Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday Feast

Feast One Hundred & Twenty Four

Appetizer
How do you usually celebrate on New Year's Eve?

This is one of my favorite traditions and I am not even sure why. Before Savannah was born, I am guessing at least 10 years ago, my mom, dad, Tim, me and Timmy would go out to dinner at our favorite Mexican place - Los Mariachis. It is not fancy, it is not even remotely a big deal, but somehow it has become so important to me. I have actually been on the verge of tears this week because I keep thinking this will be our last New Year's Eve at Los Mariachi's. Over the years we have had just our family with my mom or there have been years where we had all of my nieces or my sisters or friends to join us. This year we have invited Timmy's friends and I really hope they join us. The year I still remember the most was 1997. Tim had given me the baby pacifier in my stocking and we were trying to conceive Savannah. I was sitting at dinner next to my dad. There was a little baby girl in a blanket sleeper a table over. I looked at her and I told my dad that NEXT New Year's we would have a baby in a blanket sleeper at our table. I was right about having a baby with us next New Year's, but my dad passed away that May. I guess everytime I am there, I just think about my dad and it makes me feel at home.

Soup
Name one thing unexpected that happened to you in 2006.

I guess this is the obvious one - I got laid off. Hmmm... what is a happy unexpected surprise - Oh, we got to go back to St. John and I got to take Savannah to Williamsburg.

Salad
Where was your favorite place that you visited in 2006?

Hmmm... my favorite with Tim is Hawksnest Beach on St. John. It was so beautiful. My favorite with Savannah would be Jamestown in VA. I was so lucky and blessed to get to go to both of these places this year.

Main Course
What resolution is your top priority for 2007?

To stay positive! I let doubt creep in at least once a week. I start to panic and I get absolutely terrified of what our next year holds. I am trying to give it to God and just work towards the future.

Dessert
Using just three words, describe 2006.

Blessed, Exciting, Scary

No comments: