Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Feast

Feast One Hundred & Thirty Two
Appetizer
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?

I have a scar on my eyebrow. When I was about 5 years old (maybe I was 7, I really don't know) I was playing with my best friend Patty as I always did. This time she had somehow gotten a teacup my mom had given me. She lied and said it was hers. I knew it was mine and I wasn't going to let her keep it. We argued and she threw the teacup across the room at me with a "Fine, take your stinking teacup" fit. It smacked me in the eyebrow and cut it wide open. I ran home to my mom and when I took my hand off of my eye, all she saw was blood. It scared her to death and she worked in the ER. Once cleaned, it was a small cut, but it left a scar. I don't know what happened to my teacup. I still love Patty (now goes by Tricia) and don't hold a teacup grudge!

Soup
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?

This is a hard one. I can't think of anything specific. Off the top of my head, since I just posted about how Tim and I came together to make a family - maybe that is a small miracle. Gosh, I don't know. Corny, huh? I don't have one of those life or death miracles like what was on Grey's Anatomy this week with Meredith surviving a near drowning.

Salad
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.

I don't really like Regis. When everyone was in love with that Millionaire game, I hated it because I couldn't stand him. Tim has a thing for Kelly and used to watch Regis and Kelly in the waiting room at work sometimes. Occasionally, I would try to watch it because I knew he would watch it sometimes. I couldn't stand Regis.

Main Course
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

retility room = utility room
Yes, another Patty story. They had a utility/laundry room off their kitchen. They always called it the retility room. We didn't have that kind of room in our house. We had the "downstairs bathroom" that also housed the washer and dryer. I grew up thinking that laundry room off a kitchen was called a retility room. It didn't occur to me until I was a teenager that they were saying it wrong.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have always thought chocolate was a main food group.

No comments: