Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Feast (late)

Appetizer
What are you proud of?

Easy, boring answer - my kids. Of course they make me proud - they ARE MY KIDS! A little more interesting answer - Tim and I. Yep! I am proud of us! We started out young, had a lot of obstacles, found our way, sometimes lost our way only to find a new way, and when I went to bed last night and saw him sleeping there - I felt like I couldn't believe how much I loved this man. So, I am proud of US!

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

I can't seem to remember winning any prize worthy of writing about. I do remember that my sister bought me a scratch off lottery ticket for my birthday once. Then she remembered she was in Illinois and I was in Florida. I wouldn't be able to cash it in, if I won. She decided to keep it and scratch it off. Ummm... she won $50 on it! I still tell her that she owes me $50 because she intended that to be MY lottery ticket.

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.

I would say I waste time on the computer. I don't believe ALL of it is a waste of time. I learn a lot, I have many cyber friends that enrich my life. Then there are those times when I just don't want to get out of my rocking chair and do something. I can waste away a whole lot of time reading a whole lot of nothing.

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?

My life changed the most when I was 17. Not because I became a mother. You would think that would be it, huh? Nope. My dad got seriously ill that year and continued to be ill for the next 9 years until he passed away. My dad was a strong guy. He always seemed so tall and big to me. When I was 17, he withered away to nearly nothing. I stayed home with my dad and Timmy and homeschooled my senior year of high school. I am glad I got to stay with my baby. It wasn't the plan. The plan was to return to the brick and mortar school. Then my dad got sick. My mom went from working part-time to working full-time. Somebody had to care for him during the day. That was me. As awful as it was, I am thankful for the lessons I learned. I am thankful that I got to spend about 18 months learning about what it was to be a mom and learning what it meant to be a daughter all at the same time. I grew up quite a bit when I was 17.

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
All of St. John is pretty tranquil, but there is this one beach that I just loved so much on our last trip. It is called Hawksnest. It has some really beautiful rocks where the water reaches the beach. Some big enough to sit on and others just small and scattered. I sat on one of the big rocks and watched the water with all of its beautiful colors roll in over and over again. It was just so peaceful. I could have planted myself there for a whole day. BUT... my dh is not a beach lying (laying?) person. He is a get in the water, snorkel, get out of the water, leave sort of guy. I did get to enjoy it for awhile though. I think about it now when I am feeling stressed beyond belief.







No comments: