Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A baby with a cold, a lot of work, and a sweet surprise...

I haven't had a lot of time to write again. Sebastian came down with a cold last week. He has been pretty miserable. He wanted to sit on my lap or be held 99% of the time. He would wake up a few times a night and I would give him more motrin to bring down his temp. It was tiring to say the least. I did enjoy the cuddle time though. The only time I didn't was when I was eating dinner. I am trying so very hard to follow my Sparkpeople. I don't eat a lot all day, but dinner is my happy time! He wanted to sit and cough on my food each night. Doesn't that sound lovely? A few times, my patience had run out and I sat him on the floor next to me. He WAILED as if I had just physically cut his body from mine. It was not fun. Did I mention how tiring it was? Anyway, in the midst of that we rented a storage space and put TONS and TONS of stuff in storage to make our house look big and airy! At least that is what all the expert articles tell you to do when you are selling your house. It was me, Tim and Timmy. Moving, pulling, pushing all the stuff. It was a lot of work! I should have lost five more pounds doing it, but I didn't. We did this on Saturday night. When I woke up on Sunday morning, I was certain that I had been hit by the moving truck. Now I know I say I try not to complain on my blog. I truly don't want this to be a complaining place. So I will say that the amount of work we got done was amazing. Timmy was AMAZING! He worked and did not complain once. Remember he is not happy about this move. That says alot that he really pitched in. We just all worked well together even though I kept waiting for one of us to get grouchy and scream something we would later regret. Easter was nice, but we were all tired and Sebastian felt horrible. I will write a dedicated Easter post with pictures later. By 4:30, I just wanted to go home to bed. I came home, put Sebastian down for a nap, put my jammies on (yes at 4:30pm) and went to bed. Only to be woken up every 20 minutes because Sebastian would cough and cry. I gave up and took him out of bed, laid him in my lap, and watched him drift between sleep and coughing. I was cozy in my jammies, holding my baby. The next day, Monday, he seemed to feel a little better. He actually went out to play with his new bubbles. Then I gave him a bucket of water to play with the magic sponge thingies that Grandma... er... the Easter Bunny hid at her house. He enjoyed the fun and got very wet. I reasoned this would help keep him cool and his temp down. I got him out some dry clothes, changed his diaper and cleaned him up. In the middle of this, he stopped, grabbed my neck and gave me a HUGE HUG. He said, "Mommy, I ove you!" Awwww... A simple "Mommy, I ove you!" made all the tiredness and work all worth it. What a sweetie!

No comments: