Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Florida, vacations, and perspective...

Hi there! It has been awhile again. Busy, busy, busy. Today we went on our last visit to Busch Gardens. It was BEAUTIFUL out today. This was one of those PERFECT Florida days. I was chatting with another mom in a ride line. She asked me if I lived here. When I told her that I did indeed live here only over the bay... she responded with a sound of awe in her voice saying, "Over by the beach?". I told her yes, that was right. She just looked at me with amazement. Then I told her I was moving to South Carolina probably next month. She said, "WHY???" Too funny! I told her that is was crowded and expensive here. She still looked at me like I was crazy. I asked her where she was from. She said Tennessee. She had the Southern accent for sure. I told her that we had bought a house on an acre and were ready for some space after having 10 feet to our fence for the last 8 years. She then told me that they had 5.5 acres! Even more funny! She went on to say that it was their first time at Busch Gardens and it was all just so fun. I agreed with her and told her a few places not to miss. It was fun talking with her. Then I started doing what I always do... second guessing myself. Maybe she was right... how on Earth could I decide to leave Florida after over 17 years? Would I miss Busch Gardens terribly. Nevermind that I hadn't been to Busch Gardens in years before we got a pass this year! Somehow I did survive all of those years. Would I miss this GLORIOUS weather? Oh, that's right, I was just whining last week that it was so hot and humid in December that I was running my ac. Still, I wondered. Then I started to think about all the new things to explore. Charleston, Stone Mountain, Atlanta, Savannah, Smokey Mountains, Outer Banks, DC and on and on. These things have been too far to drive to for the most part. Sure, we have been to a few, but haven't spent a lot of time there. It is exciting to think of all the possibilities! Even with all of those new places, Disney World is still special to me. We will have to come back for that. No doubt! Sebastian has only been once when he was 2 months old. As much as Tim will hate it... I see a week at Walt Disney World in his future! Shhhh... don't tell him just yet.

No comments: