Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mary, Did you know?

I love all sorts of Christmas songs. Who doesn't love Bing Crosby and Christmas songs? C'mon, you gotta admit that you sing along with him. Then there is Brenda Lee and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Another great favorite. I gotta say I really, really don't like Bruce Springteen singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Not one bit! We have a radio station on in the kids room that plays Christmas music all the time till Christmas. I turn it on in the car too. For some unknown reason to me, they don't play this song much. When they do it is the Kenny Rogers/Wynonna version. I love Wynonna. I honestly do. I have like 4 of her cds. I love her voice in this song, but I hate Kenny Roger's version. That brings me to Kathy Mattea's version of Mary, Did You Know. I love it. I try to sing with it, but honestly you don't want to hear me sing with it. I am sure it is pretty bad. I don't care. I still sing with it! Here is my Christmas song for you. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that song too! I have been looking for an album that includes a version done by Erin O'Donnell. I think you would really like Breath of Heaven by Sara Graves too. Both Christmas songs I can never hear enough of.