Monday, December 03, 2007

A short Monday morning post about Starbucks...

I have a ton of things I should be doing at this precise moment, but I haven't had my shower and I am still very tired. To some that know me well... they would not believe I would write a post about Starbucks. See, I don't like coffee. Nope! Never drink it. I love the smell of it. It goes back to my mom always drinking it and also my 7th and 8th grade Spanish teacher. This teacher had a little coffee hot plate in the back of the room. I sat pretty close to it and just inhaled the smell of the coffee. Mmmm... Love the smell, but hate the taste. The only time I usually have anything from Starbucks is either a Peanut Butter cookie from the Barnes and Noble one or a hot chocolate from the Super Target one. That is maybe once a year. I know you are asking what the heck is this all about? Last week, Timmy brought me a hot chocolate with a splash of hazelnut. OH MY GOSH! I loved it! It wasn't the best hot chocolate I have had because it didn't taste exactly like hot chocolate. It was just the best new type of taste for a warm drink containing hazelnut! Crazy, huh? On Saturday, I went shopping. Certain events were slightly frustrating. Nothing huge, but when you add that I was at a PMS high point for the day... I needed something to make me happy. I stepped into Super Target. I saw the Starbucks. Then I read the menu. I couldn't find anything that said anything about a Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. I don't like asking for things that aren't on the menu because I think all the people around me will point at me and laugh because I asked for a stupid thing. I know, silly, but true. I kept looking and looking. Finally, I saw where is said something about adding a flavor or something like that. I know you true Starbucks people are just laughing at me, but some of us just don't know how Starbucks (and IPODS for that matter) work. I meekly asked the counter person if I could get a Hot Chocolate with Hazelnut in it. She said, "Of course!" Woo! I could stop holding my breathe. I strolled the store with my Hazelnut Hot Chocolate WITHOUT KIDS! It was a nice shopping trip. There is one tiny problem though... I keep thinking about another cup of this stuff. I am "one of those people" who thinks is crazy to spend $4 on a cup of coffee or hot chocolate as the case may be. Sure, once in a while, but not every day. But, I am finding that I WANT ANOTHER ONE and I WANT IT NOW! Oh well, I will survive... at least till I have to go somewhere near a Starbucks this week.

No comments: