Monday, April 14, 2008

Today is my birthday and Saturday was moving day...

I am 36 today. I sorta feel 36 and I sorta don't. My body feels more like 36 and sometimes I realize that I have learned a whole lot since I was 18, but sometimes I don't really feel all that older than somewhere around 28-30. I just don't really feel like I am old enough to have a 19 year old, 9 year old, 3 year old, a dog, 2 houses, a million responsibilities, etc. I guess I am. I have BIG PLANS for my day. I have been thinking about these plans for a couple days. I want to unpack books. Yep... that is my plan. Back to moving day being on Saturday... my mom and sister moved into their own place. Now I LOVE my mom and my sister. I really, really, really do. They love me and my family too. I am sure they really, really, really do. I also know that we are ALL very happy to have our own homes. I do think it is interesting how God's timing worked it that my mom and sister were here for the duration of Savannah's injury. She was released from using crutches on Friday. (Actually walking is a whole 'nuther post.) She will be off of these crutches as soon as she learns to balance and walk again. It was very helpful to have my mom and sister here to help me with everything because Savannah's injury added a lot of extra stuff. Now I have lots of work to do. I have to do some cleaning because things can get messing when you are pulling tons of boxes and stuff out of every nook and cranny. I have to put two book shelves together. Then I get to unpack and organize my books. To some, that may not sound like a fun thing. I am really excited about it! I packed up these books a whole YEAR ago to get our house ready for sale. I can't wait to look through and find some of my favorites to share with Sebastian (and Savannah because she will still listen to "little kid" stories). I might just bake some chocolate chip cookies too. Just because they sound good and I have been avoiding baking them because I knew I would eat them. We will have a family party on Wednesday night, so today and tonight is free to just unpack stuff. I guess I need to get a shower and get moving if I am going to accomplish all these things I think I am going to accomplish.

No comments: