Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My niece is engaged!!!


My niece, Sarah, called me this afternoon. She has been dating a nice young man named Daniel. She called to tell me that he proposed last night! Forgive me if I don't get the details exactly right, but it goes something like this...

Sarah had to work last night and miss the fireworks. She was a little bummed because she never misses the fireworks. Daniel met her after work and took her out back of the store and put on a fireworks display just for her. Then he told her something about how it was Independence Day and people celebrated having freedom and independence on the 4th. Then he told her he wanted to do the opposite and give up his independence to share his life with her. Isn't that sweet? Then he gave her a 3 diamond engagement ring - the kind that signifies past, present and future. Just the one she wanted! They are planning a January 6th wedding they think Missouri. Location hasn't been completely decided yet. Next she asked if her Uncle Tim would give her away. He is not her biological dad, of course, but he has come to love her like his own. I almost cried when she asked and when I told him he was just very quiet like his heart was taking it all in. He said, "Sarah Barah is getting married..." Ahhh... I can't wait to look at dresses with her. I love this girl so much and I am SO HAPPY for her!

No comments: