Wednesday, July 05, 2006

White Wheat Hot Dog Buns


Yes, my title does say White Wheat Hot Dog Buns. This is something I am excited about, so I feel the need to blog about it. When Savannah was a baby, she quit nursing and would not drink any form of milk. Soon after, I found White Wheat Sandwich Bread. This bread has calcium in it. It is also more healthy than regular white bread. Please don't write me and tell me that I should be only giving my kids whole wheat bread and even better yet, that I should be grinding the grain and baking it myself. My family won't eat whole wheat bread, so I found something in between that is at least slightly more healthy. Back to the hot dog buns... Savannah had like 5 foods she would eat when she was younger and hot dogs were one of those. I would make her eat it with a slice of bread because my logic was that at least she was getting the calcium from the slice of bread. She was not really happy because she would have preferred a bun, but I was a mean mom. So, yesterday, I was in Sam's Club buying bbq supplies and I found these White Wheat Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns. Sure enough they have more calcium and all the other good stuff compared to the regular buns! I was so happy! Oh and please don't write me and tell me how bad hot dogs are either. I will just put my fingers in my ears and sing La, La, La, I can't hear you!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hey, I'm right there with ya! WhiteWheat bread is the stuff my family will eat. I can occasionally pass off some Honey Wheat bread if they aren't paying attention, but mostly it's the White Wheat in our house! I'm not going to tell you how bad hot dogs are because really, I just don't want to think about it.