Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Florida Roller Coaster Ride...


I know I am lacking in the blogging department. Bare with me as I live out this roller coaster we are on. I have been wanting to post these kitchen pictures since Saturday, but I haven't gotten around to it. First we left from SC on Saturday around 8:30am. Why? Well, there is this Halloween thing up at the park right by our house. We have always taken the kids even way back when we only had Timmy at it was at City Hall. It was a lot smaller then. Now it is a pretty big deal. You buy a $5 wrist band and there are a ton of those jumpy blow ride things. That makes it a big deal, but that is NOT what made it A HUGE DEAL for Savannah. We have been telling her we are moving all year. She feels all the stress just like we do. One little piece of no stress is that for everyday we don't move, she is still here with her friends. A lot of her friends go to this Halloween thing and she wanted very much to be there. She was going to stay home from SC just to go with her friends for the "last time". Then she could decide if she could stay with Grandma and let us go. There were lots of tears and I felt bad for her. I know what is like to very much want to do two things and not be able to decide. We decided to just come home on Saturday so she could go with her friends. Yes, I do think I deserve some "GREAT MOM" award for driving 8.5 hours straight, hopping out of the car, getting the kids in a costume, making hot dogs and chips, walking up to the park and spending the next 4 hours trick or treating and going from jumping balloon to jumping balloon and then coming home to clean for a house showing the next morning. I was tired, but I was happy. Savannah's friends' squealed when we arrived and they were all so happy together. It made it worth it without a doubt! As for my title - the kids watched 2 different Lilo and Stitch movies on the way to and from SC. You know the "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" song from it? I really like that song. I kept thinking that suited our life right now as I listened to it. Then when they said "Ohana Means Family and Nobody Gets Left Behind or Forgotten" - I was reminded of how great my family is. It has been a tough week - who am I kidding - a tough year. My family has been great! My kids have put up with their lives being on hold, my mom was ready to cash in her life insurance if Tim needed surgery. my sister, Michelle, would do anything to help me, my other sister is trying to help me with some job possibilities and then there is my husband. He is really hurt and he is still hanging in there. In the end, it all comes down to my family.

No comments: