Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Feast

Appetizer
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?

I think a Labrador. When we go walking we always see our friend, Eli. He is a gentle (but a little skittish) black lab. I love the way he smiles at us as we come around the corner. You can really see it on his face that he is so happy we have come to visit him. He will ever so slowly meander up to us and then I gently put my open hand down below him. He will come and let me pet him for just a second. It really makes me happy and Sebastian loves to see him. When he doesn't want to go for a walk with me, I will ask him if he wants to go see Eli. He almost always decided he wants to go.

Soup
What does the color purple make you think of?

At first glance of this question I would say it made me think of the movie The Color Purple! Funny, huh? The actual color purple is making me think of concord grapes.

Salad
Approximately how long does it take you to get ready each morning?

This is a tricky question. Does it mean how long does it take me to get a shower, dress and fix my hair? Me - personally - just me... I can get a shower, dressed, and hair done in about 30 minutes. Does this question mean how long would it take me to wake up and immediately get myself, Savannah and Sebastian ready to go? Bare minimum, I would need an hour. I just told my mom, yesterday, that I am constantly forgetting to build in the 10 minute tantrum time. Sebastian has been having a sort of rough few weeks. For some reason every time I want to leave the house, he has a meltdown of some sort. I don't remember to build in the 10 minutes it takes for me to convince him to keep his shoes on, stop laying in the driveway, etc. And then there is another way to look at this question - believe it or not. Generally, I don't wake up and "get ready". I wake up and check email, blog, etc. I don't drink coffee or eat breakfast, so this is my wake up time. I spend about a half hour (okay maybe an hour) on my laptop. Currently, I have been spending it on the porch swing - trying to convince myself it is cool and fall - it is NOT though. It is an illusion. Then I will go shower - takes about 10 minutes. I get dressed and begin cleaning or school or whatever. I let my hair air dry. Eventually, I make it back to fix my hair and do all that pretty stuff. Sometimes it is fairly quickly and sometimes it is not until lunchtime that I am officially "ready". There you have it - way more than you ever probably wanted to know about me getting ready, huh?

Main Course
How many cousins do you have, and are you close to them?

I have to count this one out. Ummm... I have 3 cousins from my dad's side. I have not talked to any of them in years. I do know what is happening with two of them because my mom talks to my aunt. I have 2 cousins on my mom's side. Again, I haven't talked to them in years. Occasionally, I will hear about one of them because my sister and her are not just cousins, they are friends. When I was a kid I watched this particular cousin's children. Becky and Charlie. They were like my first cousins more than my real first cousins because I saw them all the time. I don't really have contact with them now, but I get updates every once in a while from the grapevine. Now if this question was how many cousins to MY KIDS have... oh my... that sure is a big number!

Dessert
Take your initials (first, middle, last) and come up with something else those letters could stand for. (Example: SFO = Sweet Funny Otter)

KLC = Kari Loves Chocolate

No comments: