Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Brothers and Sisters should share, right?



Sounds like a reasonable request, right? Well, to give you a glimpse into the lives of a 7 year old and a 1 year old and sharing... Tonight, after our walk, I made Sebastian and I some popcorn. Savannah was out playing with her friends. Sebastian and I pretty much finished all the popcorn. There was a small amount left in his little "baby" bowl. Savannah came in and asked if she could have that little bit of popcorn. I said, "sure." To give you a picture, Sebastian is sitting on the left side of the couch and I am in the middle. Savannah takes his bowl and sits down on the right side of the couch. He jumps down off the couch and runs right over to take his bowl back - fussing all the way! Now, I know this little boy does not want to eat this popcorn... he just does not want sissy to eat it either. I tell Savannah I will make her some more popcorn or she may have a little snack cake. She decides she would like a nutty buddy and shows me that is what she taking. So, who do you think jumps down off the couch and RUNS to her with his mouth chomping like a little fishy??? Yep, baby brother. Please, oh please, sissy... I need a bite! Do you think sissy is going to share with him after he was mean to her??? Heck no! He then tries to KISS her! He is saying, "Mom, mom, mom...'' Big open sloppy kiss to sissy... she is not budging! Ahhh... such sibling love... NOT!

No comments: