Thursday, May 04, 2006

School at our house...

I frequent a homeschooling message board. Many times people will ask for posts showing what their homeschool room looks like. I have sat and drooled over some really nice rooms. I have read about lots of people using their dining rooms for school. We have a 4 bedroom house. We use one of the bedrooms for a computer/office room. It is home to our home computer, my work computer, and a scrapbooking table. Along with lots of toys and clutter. We do some school in there. Especially if I am working at my work computer. Then Savannah sits behind me at the scrapbooking table. I have to say that we don't do that much school in there as a whole, though. We do school wherever I happen to be in the house. This morning that included the bathroom - I was fixing my hair, brushing my teeth, etc. Did you notice even the DOG has to come with everywhere??? Then we moved to the kitchen - dining room, so I could empty the dishwasher. Then finally we ended up on the porch swing to finish up her reading. So, I guess our whole house is a school room. We have been known to do school on my bed if I am folding laundry or on the living room couch if we want to be comfy. I needed to take a reality check on this because you see I fell in love with a house plan in South Carolina. It is a full 1000 square feet bigger than my current house. It has a sort of loft area upstairs that I kept saying would make a perfect school room. I think it would make a perfect scrapping/craft area and it has a great amount of space for bookshelves, etc. It has an awesome walk in closet to store lots of supplies in. The truth is as much as I would love the storage space, I sincerely doubt that we would every actually do school up in that area. So, I can remind myself that I have a nice Florida home and some really great spaces to do school in. If I do happen to get that larger South Carolina home, I will be happy, but I will try to remember how much learning we got done in our first homeschooling home.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful children and a beautiful home! I love the closet/ computer desk. Very innovative.

Anonymous said...

Your school room(s) look great! Love it. Sal