Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Momma, momma, momma, momma, sissy, sissy, sissy, sissy... somebody is TALKING...

I sure wish I could upload recordings to my blog without having to pay for a service. I would so like to record what Sebastian sounds like these days. Something clicked in his baby brain this last month. He had been saying momma, dadda and a few other things before then, but now he will repeat just about anything. Truthfully, a more accurate picture of what he used to say before was MOM and DAD!!! Tim even had a little tutorial for him one day when he kept saying MOM... MOM... MOM... Tim said MOM like Sebastian did and then he told him to say momma... momma... momma... It worked, well for a moment at least. I am sure it happened with my other kids, but I don't remember it happening this way. Sebastian woke up a few weeks ago and could just repeat all the simple words. He says okay?, bye, bye (American Online says GOODBYE and he says bye, bye), dog, car, vroom, gama (grandma), TIM (his brother), eat, out, and the list goes on and on. He is a parrot. He also has one phrase I am not crazy about and trying desperately to break - "Oh God!". Unfortunately that one is probably my fault to begin with. He had a really, really bad rash about a month ago. His bottom literally was starting to bleed. I was trying everything and in my normal way of panic - I kept saying, "Oh, God... Oh, God... his poor little bottom!" I obviously had an impact on him and this is the result. So, I am trying to get him to say Gosh, but it doesn't seem to be working. Back to this morning, Savannah is sitting at the dining table trying to do her school work and I am in the kitchen... Parrot Boy is saying momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, momma, and on and on and on... ONLY to change to saying sissy, sissy, sissy, sissy, sissy, sissy, sissy...
Like my mom said, yesterday, you want them to talk and walk only so you can tell them to sit down and shut up! Ain't that the truth!

No comments: