Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday Feast

Feast One Hundred & Thirteen
Appetizer
What is your favorite herb or spice?

I guess cinnamon? I don't think garlic is an herb or a spice - that is my favorite flavor adding thing.

Soup
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

It is much easier to think of songs you just heard. I was just thinking of the song by Chicago - Saturday in the Park. It reminds me of when I was a kid. I remember my dad playing it loud on the radio when we were driving around on Mother's Day. I am not sure why it has been on my mind, maybe because the weather is getting cooler here. Mother's Day in Illinois probably had that cooler weather and we probably had the windows open with the radio playing loud.

Saturday in the park
I think it was the fourth of july
Saturday in the park
I think it was the fourth of july
People dancing, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing italian songs
(fake italian lyric)
Can you dig it (yes, I can)
And Ive been waiting such a long time
For saturday

Salad
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?
Maybe 5? Now that the week is over and it is Friday. If you had asked on Monday, the list probably would have been like 20 things. Let's see... I am down to the following:

1. Wrap Sebastian's birthday present for his birthday tomorrow and wrap Savannah's birthday present for Monday.
2. Make and decorate Sebastian's cake.
3. Go to store and buy ice cream for his birthday party.
4. Finish this week's Winter Promise with Savannah.
5. Check our banking to see where we are on cash for the week.

Those are the only things I think I have to do this weekend. Of course then there are the things I want to do. That is a much longer list.


Main Course
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

I don't know if this is unique or not, but it has been on my mind. My oldest son, Tim, is 17. My youngest son, Sebastian, will be 2 tomorrow. They are nearly 16 years apart. I find it interesting how much Tim II loves his little brother. He comes home on his break from work and always hugs Sebastian and talks to him. Sebastian wants to wear his hat and hold his car keys. Sebastian watches Tim II check his email and his My Space. Just yesterday, when Tim II left to go back to work, he asked Sebastian if he could say "bye, bye". Sebastian looked up at him and gave him a big smile and said "bye, bye". Then Tim II asked if he could have a hug. Sebastian jumped down off the couch and ran over to give him a hug. Tim II told him "I love you" and Sebastian gave him a big sloppy kiss. I just stood there and watched what is pretty typical for the two of them and realized that God did have a plan when all my kids were born so far apart. So, my oldest son is unique and interesting because he loves his brother (and his sister) so much and shows it every day.

Dessert
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?
I think without falling asleep for at least a little bit would be around 5am. When Tim and I were teenagers we used to go to the all night skates at Funway. I think I always ended up sleeping on the floor by 5am or so.

No comments: